Aug 28, 2011

Lucky you! Another (free!) eBook : Life of Riley (a satire selection)

The very generous author
I am a generous kind of guy. My mother's son. Here I am putting in all this work wearing my few available typing fingers down to their phalanges and I then offer you -- my reading public -- free stuff. 

I aim to serve.

And serving up don't come much cheaper than this.

Free.


At least while I chase a book deal.

Life of Riley is a retrospective selection of satires I wrote in the 1990s with some dating from the following decade BB (Before Blogging).

They are a topic mix mainly published in the ‘Life of Riley’ column in Green Left Weekly which I wrote on a weekly basis for a few years.

Some were recycled as dialogue for performance as I was also writing for street theatre troupes at the time. Some I recorded and published as part of a podcast I produced -- The Blather. Some were aired on radio both here in Australia and in the United States.

They even had a fan base.

I think that their satiric quotient still exists.


Gain entertainment from politics. Source your bitterness in the real world... and laugh at it.
Life of Riley is a collection of political satires written by Dave Riley.