Apr 6, 2012

Easter Jesus

De man.
I've got nothing special against Jesus per se. As a Christian he is one of the best. But it occurred to me that if he had been hung, drawn and quartered rather than crucified -- say at the hands of the very Christian medieval French or English -- it would have been a darn sight more difficult to come back reincarnated-- and looking spiffy. I'm sure for a son of a god, it's do-able. But I'm saying that it ain't an easy fix to recycle a Messiah that way. But it sure woulda made a more plausible case for divinity.Imagine the response:
"I sore your innards, Lord. a' laying and a'squishing in the dirt; and your limbs and head every which way -- but now look at you! Way to go, Jesus! Where can I get me some of dat?" 
Being exploded by a bomb is another reincarnation challenge I would have liked to have seen, or being plopped on by napalm... Maybe reincarnation is death type specific and can only be arranged post crucifixion?