Aug 13, 2012

Comic-ifying... anything

Louis Proyect has an interesting post today about his encounters with Harvey Pekar's widow. over his 'memoir comic'. 

Ouch!

The biopic comic in question would have made a great read.  It just goes to show you what you can do  drawing pictures with word embeds.

But I digress...

I've been pondering my options for the long festering radio play of mine -- Girt By Sea. 


I was thinking of turning it into a web comic but the challenge was, how? Since I am enamoured with Shakespeare's  A Mid Summer Night's Dream  it suddenly dawned on my that I could utilize the Mechanicals device.

A mechanical is any of six characters in A Midsummer Night's Dream who perform the play-within-a-play Pyramus and Thisbe. Named for their occupations as skilled manual laborers, they are a group of Amateur (mostly incompetent) actors from around Athens, looking to make names for themselves by having their production chosen among several acts as the courtly entertainment for the royal wedding party of Theseus and Hippolyta.
I'm thinkin that I get my Punch characters -- my Professor Ratbaggy's Red Cordial Show crew -- to perform Girt By Sea in comic format. 

So Mr Punch and Professor Ratbaggy (Emeritus) will -- well, maybe --  have a Girt By Sea episode using the ensemble to play the parts.

So with that in mind I will  re-work the script....