May 19, 2012

Il Duce: 'pull the other one Julia'

What fun you can have playing around with widgety things!

I have shared the good oil about ComicLife as an easy DIY for making comics.


I then got an easy to use Mac app -- PhotoSketcher -- to turn photographs into comic like and inked (or water coloured) drawings.


I thought that was the whole shebang for the likes of me, but I then came upon FotoFlexor which is not Photoshop -- "a ha! what delights," he says -- but which is an online tool box with enough quirky effects utensils for me to pretend that I can draw. 

So I took this image of Gillard (at right), processed it through FotoFlexor and concocted the 'comic' above via ComicLife. 

A brand new world awaits wherein I can caricature and tweak; merge  snippets from the web and indulge my penchant for the comic  grotesque.