Sep 3, 2013

Back making webcomics


Since I'm now back making with the webcomics it's fun to plot the online adventure by  reviewing my different styles.

I think I'm experiencing another technique break through so it's nice to wallow in past product.

Expect more satire, fewer separate panels, radical parodies, more autobiographical story telling (ie: I'll finish the monologue).

I've been perusing the words and graphic world of  William Blake  and gone back to wallow in  my passion for  James Gillroy.  Pieter Bruegel the Elder always...but I'd like to find ways and means to generate the mix and match styles of the 20s montage and collage artists that have had such power over me -- Kurt Switters especially (among others). I'm a Merz kind of guy.

Much as I love comics since I'm not drawing my graphics I'm not quite in sync with such cartooning and caricature. I do have none of the skills nor the patience.

I'm just a thespian -- a performer -- making the best of what's to hand.